Monday, October 3, 2011

Opera night in Toledo

This weekend a lot of people stayed here in Toledo, and I had a very nice, chill... and super classy weekend! Before I even came to Spain, I was researching big cities all over Europe where I could go see an opera (Milan, Florence, Paris, London, Madrid, Barcelona) ...but who knew there were operas right here in Toledo!! The local Teatro de Rojas is putting on two operas this fall, and one of them (Don Pasquale) was this past weekend. This isn't an opera that I knew very much or had been dying to see, but if I was around this weekend, and the tickets were cheap, why not?? Another opera to cross off my list!

The only problem: who would I go with?? I have a few awesome friends back in the states who I've gone to operas with before... but I felt a little awkward asking a bunch of people who I barely know if they want to go to an opera. Nerd alert, am I right? Most of the young kids these days are not into opera. But it would have been pretty lame to go by myself, so I enquired with a few of my friends, and they said yes! So we got dressed up, had an extremely fancy dinner, and went to our local opera! (We even saw our program director there... can you say brownie points??)

I must admit that it wasn't the most amazing opera I've been to (and I wish I could have taken my opera newbs to more "classic" production), but the singers were still very good, and overall it was really fun! So I have to thank Lauren, Kelsey, and Becca for being classy and making my weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment