Sunday, September 4, 2011

Saturday Insanity

So today was my last full day in Madison, and of course, I left a lot of tasks to the last minute!! Despite Nolan Hudalla's sound advice ("start packing early so you can relax and have time to spend with friends and family") I feel like I've pretty much just spent the last two days packing. I swear there were times when the same things were spread across my bed/floor/desk for hours, not getting any more organized no matter how much organizing I think I did...

Packed to the brim!

I of course feel like I have way too much stuff, while my mother thinks I'm being very minimalistic. Here I will give a shout-out to my mom, who actually packed most of my suitcase, took me all over Madison for the past 3 weeks shopping for random stuff, and helped me plan/organize many of the logistics of my trip! Heck, she whipped up this spiffy little "sleep sack" tonight:

Who needs a $60 sleep sack when you can sew together an old sheet!

In addition to packing, today we ran out to REI to find me some comfortable, yet durable walking shoes. I found a nice pair of Merrells that are comfortable, durable, AND cute! I hate to spend more money before I even get to Europe... but I think these were a necessity, as I only had heels, sandals, toms, and running shoes packed. What's more, after I brought them home, I looked at the box and saw the model name is Mimosa Lace! "So what?" you ask? Well, this is funny (to about 3 people) because my parents used to call me Hannah Mimosa Luna when I was a kid!! IT'S DESTINY! I would post a picture, but they're currently buried in the bottom of my suitcase...

I also decided last night that I needed to get my hair cut before I left. Yeah, just a sudden decision out of the blue. Of course every salon was booked today, but I finally got an appointment and got the haircut after running around doing more errands, getting some Gail Ambrosius chocolates for my host mother (and myself), gathering all of my important documents, making copies of said important documents, and packing some more!

So much for a nice relaxing day (although, I did spend it with my family!)... but I think (I hope) I've done everything on my list, and I'm ready to head up to Minneapolis tomorrow!


2 comments:

  1. Bags are packed... car is gassed and ready to go. First stop - Minnesota State Fair !!! Then some sweet Ninja frisbee and a good night's sleep. Next stop the friendly skies of UNITED.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you definitely have the hokiest sleep sack in all of Euro-hostelry. No one will steal it. And I was happy to help you plan and pack; I just think of it as a rehearsal for my own trip to Spain to visit you!

    ReplyDelete