Friday, December 30, 2011

Rainy day ruin your plans? TREAT YO SELF!

What happened to Sunny Sorrento? I am on day 16, I believe, of my post-Toledo travels (now with my good friend Paige), and I have had exactly 2 not-beautiful days. Compared to the frigid winters of Wisconsin or Minnesota, this Italian "winter" is something I can get behind. Every day has been in the 40s or 50s (with some chilly 30-degree nights), and every day has been sunny and gorgeous.

Exception #1: Christmas Eve. It rained a little, but we didn't mind because every street in Bologna has a portico! Then it snowed a little, so that was neat!

Exception #2: Today. Okay, 2 rainy days out of 16. So what? That's not so bad... False. This morning we woke up early, got dressed, and packed our backpack, ready and excited for a day of hiking the (supposedly amazing) "Path of the Gods" on the Amalfi coast. We walked down the hall to brush our teeth and looked out the window... completely overcast. With all of our extensive research and planning yesterday, we forgot to check the weather. We found out it is supposed to rain all morning, so our hiking plans were canceled.

This kind of screws up all of our other plans for the next couple of days, but we decided not to worry about that at 7:30 in the morning... so we went back to bed and then had a lazy morning "treating ourselves" by chilling in our swanky hostel watching Paige's new favorite show Parks and Recreation (you're welcome, Paige). After all, after two exhausting weeks of intense museums and sight-seeing, I'm ready for a break! I'm considering this my vacation time.

In the words of Tom Haverford, "Treat Yo Self!":


P.S. I don't know if I've gotten this point across yet...Sorrento is beautiful. And they love lemons here.

No comments:

Post a Comment